When a printer swimming pool is created, all the printing jobs are equally dispersed amongst all the getting involved printers on the round-robin basis. For instance, if there are 3 printers configured to form a printer pool, the first printing task will be sent to the first printer, the second task will be sent to the second printer, the 3rd printing task will be sent to the 3rd printer, and the 4th printing job will be sent to the first printer once again, and so on.
In order to include the printers to form a printing pool, it is important that the participating printers should be from the same maker and of the exact same model. In case the producers or design of the printers differ, the printer swimming pool can not be developed.
Also, it is essential to place all the taking part printers in a printer swimming pool at a single location in order to avoid the confusion that may occur if the printers are kept at various places. Since the users have no methods of knowing as which printer got the print task, and any of the taking part printing gadgets can get the printout, if the printers are positioned at different places, the users would need to roam around in the whole premises in order to discover their hard copies.
View more information: Canon Pixma Printer App For Android
In this tutorial, you will learn how you can produce a printer pool on a Windows 7 os.
Here is exactly what you have to do:
- Using the administrator account, go to the computer on which you want to allow the printer pool.
- Make certain that the numerous printers from the same supplier and of the same design are connected to the computer system or to the network.
- Likewise, ensure that the corresponding drivers (single or several circumstances) are set up on the computer.
- Once confirmed, click the Start button.
- From the displayed Start menu, go to the Devices and Printers alternative.
- From the displayed window, under the Printers and Faxes area, right-click any of the icons of the target printing gadgets that you wish to use to form a printer swimming pool.
- From the displayed context menu, go to the Printer homes option.
- On the opened printer's properties box, go to the Ports tab.
- From the shown list on the Ports tab, make certain that all the instances of the motorists of the participating printers are present.
- From the bottom of the user interface, check the Enable printer pooling checkbox.
- When the checkbox is examined, check the checkboxes representing all the instances of the getting involved printer drivers displayed in the list
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
What Is Printer Pooling if required, restart the computer system in order to enable the changes to work.